Do you get frustrated when your letterbox is filled with junk mail every day?
Decluttering your letterbox will not only be beneficial to you but also to the environment. ‘Up to 80 per cent of the printed catalogues never get seen’ (Yelena Fairfax,2009)
Here are few simple things you can do to cut the clutter before it even gets to your door!
1. Place ‘No advertising Material’ sticker on yourletterbox. Call Distribution Standards Board on 1800 676 136 to get these for free. Or make your very own :)
2. You can raise the mail advertising issue with Distribution Standards Board if the sticker does not help.
3. Register on the Australian Direct Marketing Association ‘Do not mail service’ to reduce your junk mail.
4. Request online catalogues instead of the print version.
5. Look through the material you receive and decide what to keep
right next to your letterbox. Place a recycle bin next to yourletterbox.
6. Leave all paper clutter out of your home in the recycle bin.